A unique world in the heart of the Isle of Man. We would like to invite you to stay in one of our five, fully equipped, spacious holiday cottages and to give you the opportunity to be a part of Kionslieu life.Â From fun-filled activities, to a relaxing retreat, Kionslieu is the perfect location from which to start your adventures.
One of your neighbours at Kionslieu
Delighted to meet our guests!
Dandelion leaves for bunnies
You wonâ€™t be woken up by tractors coming down the lane at 5 a.m or the milk lorry collecting the milk (we only farm beef cattle!); and you wonâ€™t arrive to muddy pot-holed lanes or have to tiptoe over cow pats. In fact, unless you want to meet the horses or feed the goats, you wonâ€™t know that you are on a working farm at all! And that’s what sets us apart from a traditional working farm break.
Our five traditional courtyard cottages are fully equipped and boast the character and charm one would expect from a country cottage. With spectacular views, large gardens, BBQ Â and a childrenâ€™s play area, there is ample space for you to enjoy your time with us, whether you want seclusion or to get out and about and get involved.
We want to make your journey to us as stress free as possibleâ€¦. After all, it wouldnâ€™t be an escape to the country if getting to us was a stressful experience. We offer all those little extras, which are particularly important if you are coming by air or travelling with children. Full size toiletries are provided in every cottage, so no need to worry about the inconvenience of liquid restrictions. We also have travel cots and highchairs and provide a baby bath and potty on request.
Board games, dvds and books are provided and for outdoor types we are perfectly situated for walkers and cyclists, with storage available for muddy boots, wet clothes and bikes, bike washing facilities, laundry and lockable bike store.
Being centrally situated, Kionslieu is an ideal base from which to visit all attractions. Across the island there are many nature reserves and spots ideal for wildlife lovers and birdwatchers alike. There are also many excellent golf courses on the island including the links course at Castletown, voted in the top 1,000 courses in the world.
All our cottages have baths as well as a shower, so at the end of the day you can relax in the tub and enjoy a glass of wine!
Whether itâ€™s a family holiday or a get-away-from-it-all break, our situation allows a stay that suits every generation.
You will have the peace of mind of knowing that the farm cottages are under the personal supervision of resident owners Fiona & Tony Barker who live in the adjacent farmhouse.
Accessibility statement: Â
Most areas around the farm are accessible to less agile guests, prams and wheelchair users.
Unfortunately Peacockâ€™s Rest, Haybarn and Turkeytree Cottages do not have ground floor bedrooms and so are unsuitable for wheelchair users or less mobile guests.
Blackberry Cottage and Redwheel Cottage have both been awarded National Accessible Scheme assessment rating of Mobility One (older and less agile guests).
- Has nearby parking.
- Offers all ground floor accommodation.
- Has open plan kitchen and lounge area with two, two-seater sofas.
- Has a carver type padded chair with arms in both the lounge and master bedroom.
- Sleeps four persons in two rooms – one room with zip and link beds and the second with full size bunk beds.
Blackberry Cottage has:
- One step up to the front door.
- A bathroom with washbasin, wc and a shower above the bath.
- A bath seat, toilet frame, raised toilet seat and additional grab rails available on request (please state requirements when enquiring about availability and these items must be requested on the booking form).
Redwheel Cottage has:
Two steps to the front door.
- Can be fitted with a portable ramp but please note this ramp does not meet with the required gradient.
- A bathroom with wet room shower, washbasin, wc and bath.
- A bath seat, toilet frame, raised toilet seat and additional grab rails are available on request (please state requirements when enquiring about availability).
If you have any other requirements please do ask and we will endeavor to help.
Booking terms & conditions
Booking terms and conditions
- All bookings are deemed to be provisional until we have received a signed and completed booking form with the specified non refundable deposit (ÂŁ250 per cottage per week). Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit we will send confirmation, detailing the balance that is payable six weeks before arrival.
- If a travel inclusive holiday has been arranged the balance will be due to Isle of Man Event Services Ltd.
- When a booking has been made less than six weeks before arrival then the full fee is payable at the time of booking
- In the event of cancelling your holiday 6 weeks or more before your arrival date then the booking deposit will be forfeited. If you make a cancellation within 6 weeks you will be responsible for paying the full balance. We will endeavour to relet the property but refunds can only be made if this is achieved.
- You are advised to take out holiday insurance to cover the above risk.
- Acceptance of a booking is on the understanding that the property and contents will be cared for and left in the same clean and tidy state in which they were found. Should the accommodation require a final clean, a housekeeping service is available at a cost of ÂŁ30, this can be arranged at the time of booking or during your stay.
- Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the cottages, cottage doorways or farm buildings; please ensure all members of your party are aware of this. Should any member of your party smoke in the cottage, the occupier will be liable to pay the cost of a deep clean being ÂŁ280.
- Should any other accidental damage or breakage occur, the proprietor should be advised immediately to enable the situation to be rectified as soon as possible. The occupier is liable to pay the cost in in full.
- Cottages bookings are from 3pm on arrival day and until 10am on departure day. If you require an earlier arrival or later departure please do ask as we can sometimes be more flexible. Please note that this needs to be by prior arrangement and may incur additional costs to be agreed and paid at the time.
- We can accept no liability for any loss, damage, sickness or injury however caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the guest, any member of the party or visiting persons, nor the loss of or damage to vehicle or effects brought onto the property by visitors.
- Accommodation and facilities are for those listed on the booking form. Under no circumstances can the accommodation be sublet to third parties.
- Kionslieu Cottages are situated on a working farm and so no pets are allowed.
- Prices are fully inclusive. All bed linen and towels are provided. Towels are for use within the cottage only.
- The owner is to be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during the holiday stay and has the right to terminate your accommodation if you should cause nuisance to people in adjoining properties